Individual Tax Returns
What we Do
A-Plus Bookkeeping with the collaboration of Tax agents look for ways to minimise your tax liability and maximise your deductions. Our highly trained consultants provide accounting services and tax advice to help you understand how the tax laws apply to your situation.
What You’ll Need
So, we can make the most of your tax appointment, you will need to bring a few documents and receipts with you.
- PAYG Payment Summaries (previously Group Certificates) You should be provided a copy from your employer.
- Payment Summaries from Centrelink for example, Newstart, Youth Allowance, Disability Pension.
- Eligible termination payments.
- Interest earned from bank accounts.
- Share dividend statements.
- Annual tax statements from trusts, managed investments, property and cash management trusts.
- Income and expenses from investment properties.
- Bring the details of your spouse, including their date of birth and taxable income to check if you may be eligible for tax benefits.
Deduction & Expenses
- A list of work-related expenses (with receipts). This includes your motor vehicle log.
- Receipts of charitable donations.
- Interest and fees on investment loans.
- Donations to charities (unless you get a ticket to win something in return, those ones don’t count).
- School building levies and library funds.
- Fee charged for previous year’s tax return.
- Income protection insurance.
- Sickness and accident insurance.
- Private health insurance.
- Any extra superannuation contributions.
- Amount of HELP debt or Financial Supplement loans outstanding.
- Out of pocket medical expenses for disability aids only in excess of $2,265.